Hello, welcome to the FISHLABS Entertainment forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post What is the best ship? by Lemonjello » 28. January 2012 04:51
I have GOF2 HD for the iPad2. I wanted to know what the best ship for this version is and I didn't have any luck searching the forums.

I've beaten the game, and since this is the HD version I obviously don't have any add ons. I am flying a Hernstien that has served me very well with its 2 primary and secondary weapon mounts and I love having the turret and extra cargo space.

What I'm looking for now is a ship with more cargo capacity and more equipment slots. The same or more primary,secondary and turret slots would be nice but not essential. I'm working on earning medals and making money now more than combat. I'll trade firepower, maneuverability and armor for something that can equip a lot of extra equipment and has lots of cargo space for more profitable trading. I currently have a little over 2 million dollars. I can make more if I need to.

What are the best ships for different tasks?

I love the game. I only bought it 4 days ago and I can't stop playing it. Can't wait for the add ons(I want my own station!)

Thank you.
Mentor

Mentor
Device / OS:
iPhone 5
Unread post by Mark-C » 28. January 2012 05:53
Hi Lemonjello :smile:
Welcome to the forums mate!
Here is a thread that might help you out.....

http://forums.fishlabs.net/fishlabs-boards-english-20/galaxy-fire-2-124/1746-spoiler-ships-gof2.html

Have Fun! ;)
Mark-C
Dolphin

Dolphin
Device / OS:
KEmulator 0.9.8 :v:
Unread post by ngangia60 » 28. January 2012 07:01
Actually, there's no "Best" ship in GoF2, even if one is powerful with 4 Primaries and 4 Secondaries, the Cargo is still small.

In control of a right pilot, even Night Owl can be dangerous.
Shark

Shark
Unread post by CargoJacker » 28. January 2012 22:19
ok im getting an night owl!!
Dolphin

Dolphin
Unread post by Cre8r Shipyards » 29. January 2012 09:51
In my opinion, the best non Valkyrie ship is the voidX, but as soon as Valkyrie comes out in HD, I'm getting a Nemesis.
Shark

Shark
Device / OS:
iPad(3rd Gen), iPhone 5, iMac
Unread post by TonyP » 29. January 2012 18:29
In my opinion, the best non Valkyrie ship is the voidX, but as soon as Valkyrie comes out in HD, I'm getting a Nemesis.

I don't know Shipyards, the VoidX has more armour, more firepower, more equipment slots & more handling than the Nemesis. It does lack cargo hold, however add a few Rhoda Blackholes and the cargo hold becomes respectable. But I'm like you and haven't tried Valkyrie as yet, so when it arrives, we'll both get a realistic assessment.

The one that I'm looking for is the S'Kanarr with an auto-turret, I'd like to see how that turret operates, right now I'm not a turret fan because you can't maneuver when targets are below you (at least I can't figure it out). I'm hope'n when SuperNova arrives, they supply a battle-cruiser with a tail-gunner & turret,... that might be the ultimate.
Dolphin

Dolphin
Unread post by Cre8r Shipyards » 29. January 2012 19:31
I don't know Shipyards, the VoidX has more armour, more firepower, more equipment slots & more handling than the Nemesis. It does lack cargo hold, however add a few Rhoda Blackholes and the cargo hold becomes respectable. But I'm like you and haven't tried Valkyrie as yet, so when it arrives, we'll both get a realistic assessment.

The one that I'm looking for is the S'Kanarr with an auto-turret, I'd like to see how that turret operates, right now I'm not a turret fan because you can't maneuver when targets are below you (at least I can't figure it out). I'm hope'n when SuperNova arrives, they supply a battle-cruiser with a tail-gunner & turret,... that might be the ultimate.

Yeah but Nemesis looks cooler.:D Also I have Valkyrie SD too, so I know all about it.